Friday, April 18, 2008

Layover

I haven’t yet decided whether this will be the kind of blog where I write occasional inspired blogposts, or whether I will write more frequent, less inspired updates. This entry is of the uninspired type, mainly to help kill an epic layover in Chicago before flying to Brussels before a 10 week euro-trip. And yes, it will probably be just like “Euro-trip” but hopefully entertaining.
It doesn’t seem like travel should be so exhausting since it’s comprised mostly of sitting, but it always takes me a few days to rebound. In hopes of getting some quality rest, I’ve brought along all the tools for near total sensory deprivation: ear-plugs, eye thing, neck thing, and the hard stuff Ambien. I’m hoping for a showing of “Becoming Jane” to seal the deal. Despite this meticulous preparation, all my attempts at sleep could be instantly negated by an arm-rest hogging, knee splaying, shoulder poaching neighbor. How come the shoulder poachers are never cute 20-somethings?

3 comments:

Eleanor said...

Oh, you're going to love 18th century lit! xo

Anonymous said...

I'd hate to compliment you, but you're wittier than I thought. I challenge to a pun war but you're flying pretty high right now.

Alexa said...

I missed getting your text as to which "Iron Chef" was on last night. At least it will be here when you get back. What are you doing now? How was Belgium!??