Saturday, April 26, 2008

Comment dit-on "terrifying?"

I thought I’d post some pictures of the course here in Offenburg, Germany. Granted, I’m a little top-heavy and lacking some wet root riding skilz, but these chutes are seriously scary.


I like to justify being timid by the fact that I’m taller than most riders, and therefore I look down these things from a higher vantage point.
These signs will help rowdy spectators find the most dangerous sections, each of which is accompanied by a biergarten. Most of them will have come to see us crash, but they’re fans nonetheless; we’ll take what we can get. Here’s to hoping the track (note: track here in Europe, not trail) stays relatively dry and the crash-seeking spectators don't get their way.
That's five dangerous sections per 16-minute loop--the odds of crashing are against us.

Check out this video from last year's race:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pik0V4a_CpU

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

Aye-yi-yi-yi-yi!!!! xo

Emily said...

Wowzers. I need a bier after just looking at those photos. Will be thinking of you, Race Child!